Ruby on Rails
An insurance company developing an Enterprise class portal application for its 35,000 agents.
- Integration between their legacy application with their portal
- Planned, architected and developed a comprehensive portal application that integrates and interfaces with existing legacy system using Ruby on Rails.
- Gathered requirements from different departments for specification on multiple features
- Created Hi-Fidelity mockups for all the features using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Comprehensively designed the application from conception to deployment
- Gathered end-users and conducted usability testing
- Conducted automated testing(unit, functional and integration)
- Planned and presented business and technical presentations to several departments in the organization.
- Programmed various AJAX functionalities
- Created customizable personalized AJAX dashboard similar to Netvibes, PageFlakes, and iGoogle.
- Integrated the current legacy system with the Ruby on Rails application
- Integrated various 3rd party services into the application.
- Created client sided form validations using Prototype and Scriptaculous
- Technologies used: Ruby on Rails, MYSQL, HTML, CSS, SVN, Prototype.