Ruby on Rails
The Civic Commons is non-profit initiative, funded by the Knight foundation to enable government entities and other NGOs to communicate with local communities and to have relevant civic conversations with them about various topics and issues.
- Development of the Ruby on Rails application using Rails 3 and MySQL
- Created Facebook integration using OmniAuth and Devise.
- Development using Haml
- Developed voting feature for their users.
- Helped develop the search feature using Sunspot Solr
- Developed various features for their social oriented site.
- Thorough end to end Behavior Driven Development using Rspec, Factory Girl, and Steak