Software As a Service Startup
Ruby on Rails
An On-Demand SAAS Web2.0 Customer Relationship Management (CRM) startup company.
- Developed the CRM application using Ruby on rails.
- Planned and architected the application.
- Programmed AJAX functionality into the application.
- Used Scriptaculous to create User Interface animations.
- Created validations for required fields, length, and more.
- Designed the User Interface and Mockup using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Planned, and designed the application following the Agile methodology.
- Designed and defined the database entities for different aspects of the application.
- Created input forms that allow users to insert data into the application.
- Created an interface program to import bulk information from flat file.
- Created reports to display vital application statistics.
- Lead and manage a team of programmers to develop the application.
- Conducted usability testing to test the application.
- Performed feasibility analysis on the product and the market.
- Researched and developed business plan for FunClient - Semi finalist at Purdue University’s Business plan competition. Top 6 out of 64 entrants.
- Collaborate with potential customers to define requirements for system design.
- Successfully presented the sneak preview of Funclient.com to potential customers at a Conference hall.
- Used new media marketing to promote Funclient.com and have successfully obtained several hundred customers worldwide.
- Technologies used: Ruby on Rails, MYSQL, HTML, CSS, SVN, Prototype.