Business Process Application
Ruby on Rails
An Organization that stores and archives well known scholarly journals and provides online access to research and academic institutions worldwide. With over two million journal articles available, Jstor is one of the largest in its field along with Google Scholar.
Developed six internal applications and web services to streamline their journal archiving processes using Ruby on Rails and JRuby.
Lead Ruby on Rails developer.
- Developed RESTful web services in Ruby on Rails that integrates with their current Java based infrastructure and processes.
- Wrote internal user facing applications in Ruby on Rails to streamline internal processes.
- Created a dashboard application in Ruby on Rails that interacts with Rails and Non-rails based web services in their existing infrastructure.
- Standardized and introduced interoperability with other non-Ruby on Rails web services using ActiveResource.
- Wrote a Rails plugin to standardize http parameters into Jstor’s standards.
- Wrote a search plugin to have web services search and return relevant information.
- Overridden ActionView to create class-method-inheritance-like behaviors in view partials.
- Thoroughly documented Jstor’s Web Services APIs.
- Behavior driven development using Rspec.
- Achieves and consistently aim for 100% test to code coverage ratio in Rcov.
- Developed applications using Ruby and deployment in JRuby using warbler.
- ActiveMQ integration with Ruby on Rails to push event driven messages to their process automation and workflow engine.
- Created a rake task to parse semi-structured, syntactically sparse, non-standard legacy data in Excel format and migrated them into a Ruby on Rails application.
- Modified and added features to a flash component that is then served and interconnected with Ruby on Rails.
- Planned and authored Ruby on rails coding conventions, deployment standards, and web service conventions specific to the company.
- Agile development using SCRUM.
- Met, gathered and written requirements from other departments.
- Supported Rails applications that are in production mode.
- Technologies used: Ruby on Rails, JRuby, Flash, MYSQL, XML, HTML, CSS, CVS, Prototype.
- Gems & Plugins used: ActiveMessaging, Validatable, Gemsonrails, Roo, Acts_as_list, Rspec Rspec-Rails, ActiveMessaging, Warbler, will_paginate, restful_authentication.