Ruby on Rails
A Real-time(COMET) based web application that allows people to instantly connect and discuss about the things around them.
- Planned, architected, and developed the bulk of the application using Ruby on Rails.
- Utilized Comet based server push technology using APE-Project.
- Development of Server sided and client sided Ajax Push Engine(APE) scripts
- CSS development
- Freebase API Integration
- Facebook Graph Api, and Twitter API Integration using HTTParty
- Oauth Integration using OmniAuth
- Processing and importing of 11 million records from Freebase database dump into the database
- RPX authentication integration, with Facebook and Twitter
- Rails performance tuning, optimization and caching using Memcached.
- Developed various delayed_job functionalities to make sure high performance of the system.
- Stored summary information of the conversations using MongoDB.
- Deployment using Heroku
- Conducted usability studies.
- Designed and created low-fidelity and high fidelity UI mockups.
- Designed and developed User Interface in HTML and CSS.