Ruby on Rails
A social-web site that allows people to share, discover and discuss about their everyday things among their friends.
- Planned, architected, and developed the bulk of the application using ruby on rails.
- Behavior driven development using Rspec and Cucumber.
- Solr search service integration with Ruby on Rails.
- Freebase API integration.
- Created a Rake task to import Six million records from Freebase into the database.
- Amazon S3 Integration.
- Developed graceful degradation of AJAX functionalities using JQuery, LiveQuery and LowPro.
- Developed Recaptcha integration.
- Rails performance tuning and optimization.
- Feedback integration with UserVoice.
- Git Plugin management using Braids.
- Agile software development using Scrum methodology.
- Wrote application requirements and figured out estimates.
- Designed and created low-fidelity and high fidelity UI mockups.
- Conducted usability studies.
- Designed and developed User Interface in HTML and CSS.
- Lead and manage other team members.
- Business planning and analysis.
- Technologies used: Ruby on Rails, MYSQL,XML, HTML, CSS, Git, JQuery.
- Gems & Plugins used: Cucumber, factory_girl, acts_as_solr, ar_mailer, acts_as_network, ImageMagick, Aws/s3, BetterNestedSet, query_reviewer, Rspec, Rspec-rails, attachment_fu, hoptoad_notifier, active_scaffold, will_paginate.